God Is Up To Something
God is up to something on our campus in these first few weeks of school. I have sensed His presence in chapel so powerfully, in the hallways, and all around the campus. More importantly, we have seen 12 precious students receive Christ since school began.
I have been blessed over the years here to see great growth in our academic programs, great national test scores, and senior classes each year not only being recruited by the best colleges but also receiving an unbelievable amount of scholarship money each year. However, I will tell you though that nothing compares to seeing God change the lives of our students and seeing our students fall in love with Him.
I was asked not too long ago what I wanted for our students at Metrolina to look like spiritually when they leave our school. I want the same for our students at Metrolina that I have prayed and tried to teach my own children. First, I want them to own their faith. That is, to have a deep and personal relationship with Jesus that is truly theirs. Second, I pray that our kids will possess the characteristics of the following verses:
- Jeremiah 12:5 - That they will be deep spiritually or as this verse says they will be able to run with horses.
- II Corinthians 10:5 - That they will be thinkers and" take every thought captive."
- Hebrews 5:14 - That they will be decision makers with a strong Biblical worldview.
- Philippians 2:2-11 - That they will have an attitude which reflects the mind of Christ.
- Psalm 78- That they will have an eternal perspective and pass their faith on one day to their children.
- Matthew 28: 19-20 - That will grow up to be "Great Commission Christians."
Would you join me in praying for these same things for our students here at Metrolina this school year? I hope that you find these verses to be a blessing to you as they have been to me as I am raising my kids.
Finally, Upper School Spiritual Emphasis Week is next week and we are privileged to have Pastor Shawn McBride back with us next Monday through Thursday. He will also be preaching here Sunday morning at 9:30 and 11 at our modern worship service the Lift that meets in the new gym if you would like to come and get a sneak preview of what our students will be hearing this week. Also, next Wednesday night all MCA families are invited to come and hear Shawn preach and be a part of a night chapel experience at 6:30 p.m. in our sanctuary. We are combining efforts that night with FBCIT for a night of praise and hearing God's Word. In addition, musical artists Shane and Shane will lead worship.
Please be praying for God to move mightily during Spiritual Emphasis Week!