Why is Christian Education distinctive at MCA?
Our goal at MCA is to focus on both the intellectual and spiritual development of our students. Christian education provides the framework for a true education by using the Bible as the standard for truth. The source of all truth is the Bible and an education without the Bible will give students the basis for an inaccurate worldview. The dangers of this type of worldview were forewarned many years ago by Martin Luther.
“I am much afraid that the schools and universities will prove to be the great gate of hell unless they diligently labor to explain the Holy Scriptures and engrave them upon the hearts of youth. I advise no one to send their child where the Scriptures do not reign paramount. Every institution that does not unceasingly occupy its students with the Word of God must become corrupt.” - Martin Luther
Our children need a solid distinctive Christian education to help them overcome and counteract the influence of this very destructive culture we live in. What do I mean by distinctive?
Christian education is distinctive at Metrolina Christian Academy because:
1. Christian education at MCA is not about running or hiding from the world but rather it is about embracing and pursuing the mind of Christ.
2. Christian education at MCA is about preparing young people for the kingdom of heaven and the marketplace of ideas.
3. Christian education is distinctive at MCA because it emphasizes Christ-centeredness in a very self-centered world.
4. Christian education is distinctive at MCA because it focuses on spiritual formation in addition to the intellectual development of a student.
5. We offer a fast paced, college preparatory program that enables our students to excel academically.
Isaiah 55:11 tells us of the great power of God’s Word in our lives. That verse declares: “It is the same with my word. I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it.” According to this verse, we believe that a distinctive Christian education will accomplish much in our children’s lives. It will produce fruit in their lives as this verse declares.
I can think of no greater distinction for my children than they be known for God’s fruit in their lives. As an older parent, I have experienced the joy that 3 John 4 speaks of when it says: “There is no greater joy than to know that my children walk in truth.”
This joy is truly what makes Christian education so distinctive and rewarding for us as parents. I pray that this truth will encourage you as you sacrifice to provide this distinction for your children!