My Hope for MCA
“Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a dream fulfilled is a tree of life.” –Proverbs 13:12
When I began my time at Metrolina over 19 years ago, I had many dreams of where I wanted our school to go and things I desired us to accomplish. I wanted to take the opportunity this week to share with you three things that our school is committed to for the future. These are not only our objectives but also our hope for MCA. They are as follows:
- To continually pursue the spiritual growth and development of our students, families, and staff through all programs, curriculum, chapels, and special seminars.
- To remain anchored to the truth of God’s Word no matter the direction of culture.
- To continually improve our academic program through the addition of academic offerings and programs.
- To continually improve student performance through curriculum development, instructional methodologies, and technological advancement.
- To continually develop and expand our Academic Services Program in order to meet the needs of all students in our community.
- To hire the best teachers and staff to compliment the cause of Christian education here at MCA.
- To continually strengthen and improve all extracurricular programs.
- Enhancement of Our School Community
- To continually train, equip, and provide opportunities for our students to become servant leaders in our community.
- To continually plan programs and develop methodologies that are designed to provide parents with additional spiritual tools for raising their families.
- To continually communicate a consistent core philosophy of Christian education throughout our constituency and community.
- To continue to build new facilities and enhance older facilities to better serve our constituency.
We will provide more details about each objective in my next few blogs. As we have developed these, God has also reminded me through time with Him to not get ahead of Him in our planning. Our desire is to not let our dreams overshadow Him and what He wants to accomplish in this school.
I heard a Pastor say once that we should “Never let the somewhere be greater than the Someone.” That idea is truly the heartbeat of our school. All those dreams and visions we have had over the years for our school’s growth will never be greater than Jesus and His will for our school.
Our school tagline is “That the generation to come might know Him.” There is no greater dream for our school than glorifying God and leading students into a dynamic, growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
Our hope for MCA is that the dreams fulfilled here will be God’s plans for us and that the school will be used by God as a “tree of life” to all we serve. God has been so good to us in bringing us so far from where we were those many years ago. He has proved Himself to be so faithful.