Portrait of a Graduate
At Metrolina Christian Academy, we are committed to our mission of “lovingly leading and equipping our students for Kingdom living.” In keeping with that mission, we seek to lead our students to personally own their faith and to not only possess but live out a Biblical worldview. It is our belief that we should seek to develop a detailed portrait of what a graduate of Metrolina Christian Academy should look like.
The administration and staff of Metrolina Christian Academy have prayed, sought God, and planned meticulously in the development of this portrait. We have used Luke 2:52 as a guidepost for developing this plan. This verse of scripture describes the maturation of Jesus as a young man in four areas. The Bible says in this verse that Jesus grew in wisdom, stature, favor with God, and favor with man. We seek to follow this model in developing our students.
From this approach, we prayerfully commit to leading our graduates to be true Warriors for Christ who will possess:
- Graduates will possess knowledge and understanding of the Scripture that equips them for Kingdom living (Romans 12:2, Col 2:8).
- Graduates understand how Scripture applies to and informs the graduate’s view of social, economical, political, historical, vocational and other foundational areas of influence. (Proverbs 2:6, Proverbs 4:11, and Luke 2:46-47)
Graduates will be well prepared in all academic disciplines, and possess the academic skills necessary to flourish at the next level (Luke 2:52).
Graduates will possess the necessary critical thinking skills and a commitment to be a life-long learner that allows the individual to prosper in an ever changing world. (Colossians 1:10, 2:6, and II Peter 1:5-8)
- Graduates will understand God’s plan of redemption both for the individual and the world (23Matt 28:19-20, Acts 1:8, and Romans 1:16).
- Graduates will understand how to explain Salvation based on God’s Word (Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23, Romans 5:8, John 3:16, and Romans 10:9-13).
- Graduates will understand biblical responsibility for being accountable to God and established authority (2 Cor. 5:10, Romans 13:1 and 1 Peter 2:13-14 ).
- Graduates will understand biblical responsibility for building culture (Genesis 1:28, Genesis 9:1, and Romans 13:6-7).
- The graduate will be taught the importance of exhibiting character qualities that honor Christ (Proverbs 11:1 and Titus 2:6-8).
- The graduate will understand the importance of maintaining Christ-like integrity when making all decisions (I Peter 2:15 and Proverbs 4:23).
- Graduates will learn the importance of taking personal responsibility for study, prayer and service (II Timothy 1:6-7,2:15, 3:14-17, Phil 2:12,II Timothy3:15-16, James 5:16, and John 1:12-13).
- Graduates will understand how to defend the faith (Acts 17:2, Acts 17:17, and Acts 19:8).
- Graduates will be equipped academically, intellectually, and physically to pursue God’s calling on his of her life (II Timothy 3:16-17 and Luke 2:52).
- Graduates will be equipped to glorify God by kingdom living (II Tim 4:6-8, Psalm 29:1, and II Cor 4:6 & 15).