To make a Springapalooza, May 18th a fun and entertaining evening for all our families, MCA needs nearly 150 volunteers to give of their time and talents. This is a great event to volunteer for, with many opportunities to fit any schedule!
You can help in the months leading up to the event by helping with decorations, asking for donations for the Silent & Live Auctions, helping students create class art projects and making baskets beautiful for the Silent Auction….OR….on the day of the event you can help with setting up and displaying the donated items, decorating the silent auction area (FLC) or working a booth during the event AND SO MUCH MORE!
There are lots of opportunities to volunteer and support MCA!
NOW / LEADING UP TO THE EVENT - Volunteer Opportunities
- Auction Acquisitions: Contact local businesses for donations for Silent & Live Auctions (12-14 volunteers needed) -- each volunteer provided with a list of 25 businesses to contact; all have previously donated to MCA & Springapalooza
- Coordinate class art projects/baskets for Silent Auction - Lower School (2 volunteers per class) & Upper School (2 volunteers per grade)
- Plan, create & coordinate decorations for a CIRCUS theme (5-6 volunteers needed)
- Auction data base entry (3-4 volunteers needed)
- Assemble baskets for Silent Auction (2-3 volunteers needed)
DAY OF THE EVENT – Volunteer Opportunities (Sign-up with Sign-up Genius starting in April)
- Display and set-up donated items for Silent Auction
- Assist with outside set-up (tents, signs, table covers, etc.)
- Decorate FLC for Silent Auction
- Concessions Area (food prep)
- Assist in Silent Auction area during event –floaters & runners
- Assist in one of the Booths (1hour time slots) during event
- Data Entry – Silent Auction
- Checkout for Silent Auction
- Assist with general clean-up after event for 30 minutes - - - remove decorations, take down tents, remove signs, stack chairs, pick-up trash, etc.
To volunteer, please contact Shea Braswell or Dana Bostic in the Advancement Office – 704-882-3375.