- Professional Counselors
- Psychological and Educational Evaluation Resources
- Speech-Language & Occupational Therapy
- Self-Image (or Self-Worth)
- Lifestyle (Dating, Substances, etc.)
Bareiter Counseling Center, 704-334-0524, www.bareitercc.com
Carmel Baptist Counseling Group, 704-849-0686, www.carmelbaptist.org/connect/carmel-counseling-ceter
Carolina Counseling Group, 704-752-8414, www.carolinas-counseling.com
Agape Christian Counseling, 704-849-0144, www.agapechristiancounseling.org
Southeast Pysch, 704-552-0116, www.southeastpsych.com
The Renfrew Center (Eating Disorders), 877-367-3383, www.renfrewcenter.com
Robert C. Faucette, Ph. D., PLLC, 704-540-7525, https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/therapists/robert-c-faucette-charlotte-nc/130605
Jessica DeLing, Educational Specialist, Child and Family Development 704-542-0699
Dr. Joy Granetz, Clinical Neuropsychologist firstname.lastname@example.org 704-750-1602
“What Evaluation Testing Results Mean” by Amanda Morin
“FAQs About Evaluations for Learning and Attention Issues” by Amanda Morin
2814 Gray Fox Road
Indian Trail NC 28079
Phone: (704) 821-0568
Early Bird Developmental Services
212 West Matthews Street, Suite 105
Matthews, NC 28105
*If you have questions about Speech-Language or Occupational Therapy, please contact Mrs. Haley Collins in our Academic Services program.
Less Fret, More Faith: An 11-Week Action Plan to Overcome Anxiety by Max Lucado
Overcoming Fear, Worry, and Anxiety: Becoming a Woman of Faith and Confidence by Elyse Fitzpatrick
Overcoming Anxiety: Your Biblical Guide to Breaking Free from Fear and Worry by Mo Mydlo
Turning Fear into Freedom by Dr. Chris McCarthy
Treating Childhood and Adolescent Anxiety by Lebowitz and Omer
Freeing Your Child From Anxiety by Dr. Tamar Chansky
Sample of Scripture References to begin with
1 Peter 5:6-7
2 Timothy 1:7
Article on raising mentally healthy kids - https://www.inc.com/amy-morin/mentally-strong-kids-have-parents-who-refuse-to-do-these-13-things.html
“The Parents Guide to Educational Technology” by Kerry Gallagher - www.connectsafely.org/edtech
“The Tech-Wise Family” by Andy Crouch
- Time management
- Suggestions for motivation
- Test-taking strategies
- Writing papers
- Managing stress
- Academic anxiety
Free SAT/ACT Test Preparation:
- The College Foundation of North Carolina (CFNC) is offering comprehensive FREE test prep courses for the SAT and ACT. CFNC Test Prep features easy-to-use tutorials, interactive practice sessions that dynamically adapt to each student’s ability level, and a vocabulary builder that contains 2,000 words. Whether students have a week or a year until the test, this section of the site helps reinforce their academic skills and build their confidence as they approach test day. For more information, please visit https://www1.cfnc.org/Plan/For_College/_default.aspx and click on 'College Test Prep' in the middle of the page.
- Students can also visit http://www.actstudent.org/testprep/ for ACT test prep and for http://sat.collegeboard.org/practice SAT test prep.
- Kaplan Test Prep also has free practice tests (with score reviews) for the ACT, SAT, and PSAT here.
- College Board and Khan Academy have teamed up to offer free practice resources for the new SAT here. These resources are designed to meet you where you are and to help you where you need it. You will have access to interactive practice, instant feedback, and more.
- Varsity Tutors is a website that offers FREE learning tools and practice tests for the SAT, PSAT, ACT, ASVAB and more. This website is a comprehensive suite of completely free practice tests, digital flashcards, and questions-of-the-day for standardized tests and academic subjects of all levels. Learn more here: http://www.varsitytutors.com/practice-tests.
- SOPHIA offers free ACT test preparation here: https://www.sophia.org/preparing-for-college/act-test-preparation
- ePrep – this is my favorite online prep course. We offer this course here at MCA as a semester elective for juniors and seniors. It can also be purchased for families to use. The website is www.eprep.com.
- UNC Charlotte's ACT and SAT Exam Prep Courses:In partnership with The Princeton Review, UNC Charlotte's Extended Academic Programs offers the ACT and SAT exam prep courses at a discounted rate! Online and classroom formats are available that provide critical test-taking techniques, realistic testing practice with proctored exams, and drills/homework assignments to practice outside class. http://continuinged.uncc.edu/contentManagement.do?method=load&code=CM000008.
- Briarcliff Hall offers in person one-on-one test preparation for both the SAT and the ACT as well as one-on-one Skype sessions. http://www.briarcliffhall.com/
- Heidi Wright (private tutor in Charlotte): http://prepwright.com/
- Crafting Scholars offers in-person one-on-one test preparation for both the SAT and the ACT using a curriculum that is customized for each student. http://craftingscholars.com/
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to College This test prep provider offers small group or one-on-one guidance for both the SAT and the ACT, as well as live online tutoring. http://www.hitchhikersguide2college.com/
Metrolina has a free gift for you! We are always looking for ways to serve you that will help as we encourage the integration of our faith with living and learning. One helpful tool that we have found is RightNow Media.
RightNow Media gives you access to more than 10,000 video Bible studies, conference sessions, and resources on parenting, marriage, discipleship, and more. We are doing this as a school to provide resources for our classes and for all of the families of Metrolina as you endeavor to build a strong family. If you have not activated your account, you can do so below.
Undivided is a book specifically written for Christians who desire to live for Christ without any reservation. The book details a biblical plan for what God intended the Christian life to truly be about. When we became Christians, we made the conscious choice to follow God with every aspect of our lives. That decision to follow Christ should be nurtured and protected to keep the world from drawing our hearts away from God. Currently available on Amazon and in the Warrior Zone, MCA's school store.
"Follow the Leader" is a book that provides a detailed Biblical plan for Christian parents to follow in raising their children to love, honor, obey, and follow God. This book will inspire and encourage parents as they face the daunting task of raising kids in the destructive and many times anti-Christian culture in which we live. "Follow the Leader" will help you to develop an intentional plan for passing your faith to your children and grandchildren and thus ensuring a legacy of faith in your family. Currently available on Amazon and in the Warrrior Zone, MCA's school store.