EDUCATIONAL PHILOSOPHY STATEMENT
Metrolina Christian Academy believes that the Bible is the inspired, infallible word of God; the source of absolute truth through which a biblical worldview is formed and the standard for living. Christian Education is a comprehensive educational program where all disciplines are taught through the lens of scripture.
MCA employs teachers who have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and provide developmentally appropriate activities that align with the school’s mission. We work with our families to provide an educational setting that nurtures each student’s spiritual, academic, physical, and emotional development. Our desire is to prepare students for the 21st century, and to send them out on mission for the kingdom of God.
“And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature and in favor with God and man.” (Luke 2:52)
1. SPIRITUAL “Let the Word of God dwell in you richly” (Col. 3:16)
Students will be encouraged to make a personal commitment to Jesus Christ; to follow Christ daily, reflect Christ-like character, and pursue knowledge of scripture.
2. ACADEMIC “Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus.” (Phil. 2:5)
Students will be taught skills in the core subject areas of critical reading, mathematics, science, and history as well as enrichment educational opportunities in fine arts, technology, physical education, and the Spanish language.
3. SOCIAL/EMOTIONAL “No man liveth unto himself” (Romans 14:7a)
Students will be taught respect and concern for family and friends as well as the value found in living in harmonious community with others.
4. PHYSICAL “Present your bodies a living sacrifice…unto God” (Romans 12:1)
- Students will be taught methods to improve their coordination, muscle tone, and endurance; as well as desirable habits in the care of the body and to respect their bodies body as a temple of the Holy Spirit.