All children are created with a plan and a purpose and have unique gifts that need to be cultivated as they grow into who God has designed each one of them to be. It is our desire for Metrolina Christian Academy's Pathways Program to provide students who have diverse learning needs with a Christian education that supports their academic, social, emotional, and spiritual development. We are committed to our students and excited to participate in their lives with a mission to provide an educational path and eternal hope for all learners.
Our program is designed for children with developmental and/or learning issues that require a specialized program of instruction. The teachers will focus on skill development tailored to each student based on an educational diagnosis and will provide a supportive, student-centered classroom environment. With an individualized schedule and instructional plan outlining specific needs and goals, students are supported and encouraged as they achieve their potential.
- Curriculum and instruction designed to meet the learning needs of students
- Multi-sensory approach to learning
- Small class size
- Focus on the development of social skills and general life preparedness skills
- Adaptive enrichment classes – art, music, physical education, social skills, sensory integration, life preparedness skills
- Chapel, electives, and lunch are opportunities for peer interaction
- Occupational and Speech Therapy offered
Our students have at least one diagnosed learning difference. These could include, but are not limited to:
- Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Dyslexia and Dysgraphia
- Processing and Speech Disorders
- Chromosomal Disorders