College Bound Athletes
NCAA For Student-Athletes
Students who plan or participating at the collegiate level in athletics must learn about the rules that govern eligibility.
If you plan on participating in Division I or Division II athletics, you must register with the NCAA Eligibility Center. Students can register by logging onto the NCAA Eligibility website at https://web3.ncaa.org/ecwr3/.
MCA’s High School Code is 341929.
After registering as a prospective student athlete, students should notify the College and Career Guidance Counselor of your registration. The Guidance Counselor will upload your transcript directly to the NCAA Eligibility Center. Transcripts are updated at the end of each school year and will automatically be uploaded in June.
- Students are responsible for requesting their SAT and/or ACT test scores be sent directly from College Board (www.collegeboard.com) and/or ACT (www.actstudent.org) to the NCAA.
- Scores are no longer accepted from the high school transcript.
- Rules governing recruiting vary by sport and league.
- Student athletes are encouraged to obtain a PDF copy of the “NCAA Guide for the College Bound Athlete” by visiting the NCAA website and reading the guidelines for their sport.
- Students with questions regarding college athletics and recruitment are encouraged to contact Mr. Ronnie Plyler at 704.882.3375.
A transcript from each high school ever attended will need to be requested by parents to be sent to NCAA.
List of approved core courses for MCA:
- American History
- American History Honors
- Civics Honors
- Economics/Personal Finance
- Economics/Personal Finance Honors
- US History II
- US History II Honors
- World History
- World History Honors
- Math 1
- Math 2
- Math 2 Honors
- Math 3
- Math 3 Honors
- Pre-Calculus Honors
- Calculus Honors
- Advanced Functions & Modeling
- English 9, 10, 11, 12
- English 9, 10, 11, 12 Honors
- College English 111 Expository English
- College English 112 Writing & Research
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Anatomy & Physiology Honors
- Biology Honors
- Chemistry Honors
- Earth/Environmental Science
- Earth/Environmental Science Honors
- Physical Science
- College Chemistry 151 - Gen Chem 1
- College Chemistry 152 - Gen Chem 2
- Spanish I
- Spanish II
- Spanish III Honors