Our Pathways Transitions Path is designed for children with developmental and/or learning needs who are best served in a self-contained specialized program of instruction that includes social and life skill education. The teachers will focus on skill development tailored to each student based on an educational diagnosis and will provide a supportive, student-centered classroom environment. With small class sizes, an individualized schedule, and an instructional plan outlining specific needs and goals, students are supported and encouraged as they develop levels of independence.
All children are created with a plan and a purpose and have unique gifts that need to be cultivated as they grow into who God has designed each one of them to be. The Transitions Path in MCA's Pathways Program provides students who have diverse learning needs with a Christian education that supports their academic, social, emotional, and spiritual development. We are committed to our students and excited to participate in their lives with a mission to provide an educational path and eternal hope for all learners.
- Curriculum and instruction designed to meet the learning needs of students
- Multi-sensory approach to learning
- Small group instructional setting
- Focus on the development of social, emotional, and executive function skills
- Adaptive enrichment classes – art, music, physical education
- Chapel, electives, and lunch are opportunities for peer interaction
- Outside Occupational and Speech Therapy services are supported and immersed into the student’s schedule as needed
Our students have at least one diagnosed learning difference. These could include, but are not limited to:
- Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Dyslexia and Dysgraphia
- Processing and Speech Disorders
- Chromosomal Disorders