21st century instructional best practice indicates a blended learning environment with a balance of traditional methodology and technology integration leads to academic success! Therefore, MCA’s technology program is designed to provide students with a variety of tools and methods to expand their way of thinking and equip them to become effective users of technology.
Classroom Technology Integration
- In TK-12th grades, classroom lessons are enhanced with the use of iPads, Apple TVs, document cameras, and digital projectors. Technology is used to facilitate learning and support the development of critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Students are taught to use technology responsibly and in ways that reflect the values and standards of MCA.
- TK-5th grade students have access to iPad carts and technology is integrated into classroom instruction in developmentally appropriate methods.
- 6th-8th grade classrooms utilize a one-to-one device immersion in the form of an iPad. The Renweb Learning management system is used strategically to complement the educational experience.
- 9th-12th grade classrooms utilize a one-to-one device immersion in the form of an iPad or laptop computer. The Renweb Learning management system is used strategically to complement the educational experience.
- What types of digital devices will students be allowed to bring to school in the 2019-2020 school year?
- What technology orientations about the use of the iPad are planned for students and parents?
- How will students access the Internet while on campus?
- How will students use iPads in the classrooms at the various levels?
- Why has the Academy chosen to use iPads for its students as part of the learning environment?
- How will students be protected from inappropriate content?