Welcome Warrior Parents!
Below is information about the 2023-2024 school year. This page will be updated throughout the year to help you navigate the digital resources available to you. If you are unable to find what you need, please email email@example.com for assistance.
This school year we have chosen Better Together as our theme. Our focus this year will be on being unified in loving others like Jesus, living out the truth of God’s Word, pursuing excellence, and bringing glory to God alone in all we do.
Our theme verse for this year is Romans 15:5-7 which says: “May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had, so that with one mind and one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God.”
Will you join me in asking God to do great things on our campus this school year? I pray that we will come together as a school community to live courageously for the Lord. My heart is for our school to be a beacon of hope to all we encounter. Our world desperately needs to see people who are not discouraged or afraid and that we would use that testimony to point others to Christ.
I encourage you to take the time to carefully read the content on this webpage. We have new staff members and program improvements for this coming year. I know you will be pleased with all that is planned.
Because of Him,
Rev. Rick Calloway
MCA Head of School
Metrolina Christian Academy continues to move forward making improvements to our facilities and programs. In the past year, we completed 18,000 square feet of new classrooms, and we are in the final stages of completing our new track and field complex. Track season will take on a new feel in this state-of-the-art complex.
We have begun planning for the next steps in facility additions and improvements through what we are calling our “2030 Plan.” This plan will study future facilities, programs, and so much more. We look forward to unveiling that to our families as the year progresses.
Our leadership and faculty have worked hard this spring and summer on academic program initiatives. In lower school we have made the following improvements to our program:
- We are adding a small group chapel called E432. Our E432 program is being introduced to lower school students as we encourage them to live out Ephesians 4:32 “Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.” As a focus of our small group chapel sessions, the students’ spiritual, social, and emotional well-being will be nurtured as they grow in their relationship with the Lord and build relationships within our school community.
- We are expanding our science and math curriculum to continue incorporating STEAM education in our classrooms to promote active and experiential learning.
- We are integrating our new outdoor learning spaces into instructional practice to engage students, using God’s creation for teaching and learning.
- We will be utilizing Fitnessgram in physical education to support students’ well-being.
- In Communication Arts, we will be adding journalism and reader’s theater to our program.
- We will be implementing Warrior Win time which provides time each day for individual and/or small group instruction to support academic, social/emotional, and spiritual development of our students. Warrior Win time includes chapel reflections, Christian character development, study skills, and academic challenges.
In Upper School, we are making the following improvements:
- We are adding a music appreciation class in middle school.
- We will continue to grow our Leadership Enrichment program in middle school.
- We are implementing new college planning software that will greatly help us find the right college fit for our students.
- We are adding new enhanced media electives for our students.
- We are adding new electives in vocational and entrepreneurship.
- We are adding an advanced Spanish elective.
- We are working on a new strategic plan for the Performing Arts to grow this program into the future.
Metrolina is also focused on security enhancements as we have upgraded our security cameras with new software that will help provide new protection features. We have also added an additional security presence with an on campus deputy sheriff.
Metrolina is committed to continually improving and expanding our programs and facilities. Our Warriors are worth it!
- School Hours:
- Kindergarten: 7:55am - 2:15pm
- 1st - 5th Grade: 7:55am - 2:35pm
- 6th - 8th Grade: 8:05am - 2:55pm
- 9th - 12th Grade: 8:15am - 3:00pm
- Early Education: 7:00am-6:00pm
- Extended Care:
- Before School for K - 5th Grade: 7:00 - 7:45am
- Before School for 6th - 8th Grade: 7:00 - 7:50am
- After school hours are until 6:00pm for students in K-5th grade
- The Parent/Student Handbooks for the Academy and Early Education Center are located on the Family Portal.
Forms on Family Portal:
- Extended Care Registration
- Student Driver Application
- Yearbook Order Form
- Yearbook Senior Ad Order Form
- Update Student Contact Information Form (pick up/emergency contacts)
- Update Parent Information Form
- Miscellaneous Fees
- Food Services
- Updating Contact Information: If you need to update your contact information, you can do so in the Family Portal by clicking School - Web Forms - Update Parent Information. To update student information including emergency contacts, click School - Web Forms - Update Student Information.
- Transcript Requests:
- If your student needs transcripts to obtain their driver's license, please complete this form. (This form is for current students that are not Seniors). Please allow up to 10 business days for processing transcript requests, however most requests are completed within 48 hours of receipt. There will be a $5.00 charge for transcripts requested on demand.
- Current Seniors that need transcripts can request them through their Scoir account - please follow the instructions here.
MCA communicates through email, our school website, and Family Portal. We also will communicate important information (school closings, events, etc.) through the Metrolina Christian Academy app. We also encourage families to connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
The Warrior Weekly
The Warrior Weekly is a communications email sent to MCA families every Friday that includes important information and updates for all areas and departments of our school. Each family is automatically added to our email lists at the beginning of the year.
Metrolina Christian Academy App
The MCA app is available in the App Store and the Google Play Store. We ask that once you have downloaded the app that you register as a user to create a username and password. Learn more about the app and learn how to turn on alerts here. If you have technical questions about the MCA app, please contact our Communications Director, Lindsay Calloway.
- Creating a Student Login for Family Portal/LMS (Upper School students only)
- Warrior Service Program (High School students only)
- Teams & Schedules - MCA is a member of the North Carolina Independent School Athletic Association (NCISAA) and our division is 4A. We offer forty athletic team opportunities for students in grades 6 - 12. Schedules are released seasonally at the beginning of each season. Directions to athletic events can be accessed with the schedules and also on the MCA app.
- Tryout Schedules
- Student-Athlete Registration - All student athletes must have a current physical on file and must complete the student athlete registration to participate in athletics.
- Athletic Boosters
Each year the Advancement Office staff works diligently to create and coordinate opportunities for the parents and friends of Metrolina Christian Academy to support and serve our school. Through the gifts of your time, talents, and treasures, you can continue to advance the mission of Kingdom education at MCA.
As a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, MCA accepts contributions that help us in training and equipping our young people to impact the world for Christ. Donations greatly advance our mission of providing excellence for our students and their families. You can learn more about the many ways you can bless the students at MCA with your financial gift here.
The Annual Fund
During the school year, the Annual Cornerstone Fund is used to impact our mission in the areas with the greatest need, such as campus improvements and enhancements to academics, technology, fine arts and athletics, as well as tuition assistance. Each year, MCA families are asked to make a meaningful donation to the school above and beyond the cost of tuition in support of our mission of Kingdom education. Our goal is 100% participation by our MCA families and staff. Gifts to the Cornerstone Fund directly impact all our MCA students from Early Education to 12th grade.
Many employers match employee donations made to qualifying non-profits like MCA (501c3). Through the years, many parents, grandparents and friends of the school have blessed MCA by giving through their employer matching gift programs – in both dollars and volunteer service. Please click here to see if your gift to MCA is eligible to be matched by your employer.
- Cornerstone Fund Kick-Off Event: October 30 – November 17, 2023
- Boosterthon Fun Run: February 1 - 9, 2024
- MCA Giving Day: March 22, 2024
- Warrior Clay Classic: April 22, 2024
- Devotions & Parenting Blog
- The Warrior Weekly
- Right Now Media
- Prayer Requests
- Student Login for Family Portal/LMS
- Additional Family Resources
Chapel services for MCA students are held weekly on Wednesday mornings. Pastors, evangelists, missionaries, church organizations, and various speakers are invited to participate in chapel. Our FBCIT Pastoral Staff address our students regularly. Several times during the school year MCA holds week long special services such as Spiritual Emphasis Week and our Worldview Conference. To learn more about chapel and to view chapel schedules, visit our Campus Ministry page here.
The Warrior Weekly is a communications email sent to MCA families every Friday. This weekly publication includes information for all areas and departments of our school. It features thoughts from our Head of School as well as highlighting special events going on at MCA. View past Warrior Weekly emails below:
Metrolina has a free gift for you! We are always looking for ways to serve you that will help as we encourage the integration of our faith with living and learning. One helpful tool that we have found is RightNow Media.
RightNow Media gives you access to more than 10,000 video Bible studies, conference sessions, and resources on parenting, marriage, discipleship, and more. We are doing this as a school to provide resources for our classes and for all of the families of Metrolina as you endeavor to build a strong family. If you have not activated your account, you can do so by clicking the link below or by texting RIGHTNOW MCA to 41411. Once you login, be sure to check out Metrolina Christian Academy's page to see recommended studies for students and families.