PROM 2021 -A Masquerade
MCA’s annual spring formal, A Masquerade, will be held Friday, April 30th from 7:30 pm - 11:00 pm at Rolling Hill Farms, 1980 E Brief Rd, Monroe, NC 28110. There will be refreshments, music, dancing, crowning of King and Queen, and memories made. It is always a terrific evening!
TICKETS are $40 each and are to be purchased and paid for through FACTS Family Financial Portal from Monday, February 1st through Friday, March 19th.Tickets are only available for MCA students in 11th and 12th grades. The full amount must be paid by March 26th. To pay online, complete the WebForm in FACTS → School Information → Web Forms → Prom Ticket Orders. The charge will be added to your FACTS account within 2 business days. A physical ticket will not be needed to enter the event.
DATE POLICY: No students outside of MCA Juniors and Seniors may attend this year due to current Covid mandates.
DRESS CODE:To ensure that modesty in attire is a priority, all dresses must be approved in person by two faculty members (Mrs. Laurents, and Mrs. Shields). Dress approval dates are:
- Wednesday, February 17, 7:30 - 8:00 am and 2:15 - 3:00 pm
- Thursday, February 18, 7:30 - 8:00 am and 2:15 - 3:00 pm
- Wednesdays in March (10th, 17th and 24th), 7:30 - 8:00 am and 2:15 - 3:00 pm
Dress approvals will be done in Mrs. Laurents’ room (Building G) during the above stated times - no appointment is required. The student must be wearing the dress (which should comply with the parameters listed below) when approved. No dresses will be approved via text message or email. These standards are in accordance to MCA’s guidelines and apply to all those in attendance.
Ladies: Modest, formal dresses
- Dresses must not show any cleavage
- No strapless dresses (You must add straps made from durable material. Dresses with one strap will be evaluated for appropriate coverage and students may be required to add a clear strap. Flimsy ribbon or material meant to hold a dress on the hanger are not acceptable as straps. Halter-top straps are acceptable).
- No low back dresses (they must go no lower than the waist / middle of the back)
- Dresses must not have slits that are more than 4" above the knee
- Dresses must not show midriff (side cut-outs are not acceptable)
- All 2-piece dresses must be attached before coming to approval meeting.
Gentlemen: Formal attire
- Tennis Shoes or T-shirts are not permitted
- Formal apparel is required; this includes tuxedos or suits with a tie
Students, if you have specific questions about this event, please contact Mrs. Ferguson.