Students in Action
MCA students are continually learning to model Jesus' life of servant leadership by investing in the lives of others. Project Serve allows the students this opportunity by:
- developing within each student a heart for Christian service.
- providing each student an experience of impacting the lives of others.
- impacting and showing the love of Christ to our community.
Lower School students (TK-5th) and Middle School students (6th – 8th) participate in group service projects with their grade level each semester, and Upper School students (9th-12th) are involved in group service projects through their Bible classes. Athletic teams and Extra-Curricular groups participate in service projects as well.
This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of the Lord’s people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God.
- 2 Corinthians 9:12
Jennifer Gunter (Heart for Monroe Representative) had this to say about MCA during the 2019-20 school year:
"Metrolina Christian Academy has and continues to be a wonderful blessing to Heart for Monroe as one of our partners to encourage and empower students in Union County Title 1 Schools and sharing the love modeled by Jesus to individuals and families in Union County. Even with the shortened school year, students and staff have made a tremendous impact.
Here are just a few of the many ways Metrolina has partnered with us:
- The Volleyball team made hygiene packs for East Union Middle School.
- Remote sorting for The Closet Ministry Shopping Days and Heart for
- Monroe Remote Shopping events held at out partner title 1 schools.
- The Cheerleaders sponsored a school supply drive for Chalk it Up to Love
- Students packed Family Fall Festival Treat Bags and Make Fall Festival Cards
- The whole school participated in the food drive that helped Heart for Monroe’s Feed 500 Program.
- 10th graders traveled to East Elementary to be reading buddies to the 3rd grade classes twice once in October and again in January building relationships with each other. Your students put huge smiles on the 3rd graders faces! (My personal favorite!)
- MCA Hospitality Team provided and served a special luncheon for East Elementary Teachers and Staff
- The staff provided CHRISTmas Blessing Bags (150) filled with items such as hand warmers, Band-Aids, toiletries, personal items and non-perishable foods given out at Cookies with Santa.
- Stuff Easter Eggs for Heart for Monroe Easter Service and filled Prom Dress Event Bags
- The Soccer Team organized Prom Dresses for Prom Dress Event
- The middle school Softball Team sorted clothes for the Closet Ministry
- MCA Junior Civitan Club adopted family for Christmas and volunteered at our ForeMonroe Golf Tournament."